Constitutional Facial Acupuncture
Author: Mary Elizabeth Wakefield
Publication Date: 24.01.2014
Publisher: Churchill Livingstone
The author has created a modular program for practitioner certification in Constitutional Facial Acupuncture...
The author has created a modular program for practitioner certification in Constitutional Facial Acupuncture. This book supports the program, and can be used as a self-contained course in the skills covered. Constitutional Facial Acupuncture is a safe, painless and effective treatment for renewing the face and the body. Fine lines may be entirely erased, deep lines reduced and bags around the neck and eyes firmed.
This protocol is based upon the use of acu-muscle points and Wakefield explains in detail how to use these specially selected acupuncture points in tandem with muscle structure. The constitutional underpins this approach to facial acupuncture needling - every patient is treated according to their specific constitutional pattern. Facial acupuncture differs from cosmetic acupuncture in this way. According to Chinese physiognomy, the shape of the face, its colouration and its wrinkles are representative of the balance or imbalance of the organ systems and the emotional core of the patient.
Fine needles are placed at a variety of acupuncture points on the face, neck and around the eyes to simulate the body’s natural energies (qi). Since muscle groups are addressed as well as acupuncture points, the face lifts itself, via the acupuncture points, through the muscles’ toning and tightening action. The needles also stimulate blood and circulation, improving facial colour.
The book will introduce a complete facial and recommended constitutional treatment protocol including needling instructions, charts and photos that will clarify the details of the treatments. A full topical Chinese herbal treatment for the face that can be integrated with facial needling to achieve more impressive results will also be included. Benefits, contraindications, recommended treatment duration and frequency, short and long-term effects, maintenance treatments, managing patient expectations will all be covered. The protocols covered will be complete in and of themselves, and will provide practitioners with information sufficient for them to successfully become exponents of facial acupuncture.
A new and detailed Constitutional Facial Acupuncture protocol highlights acu-muscle points, Shen imbalances, lines and wrinkles, needling technique, relevant points and their locations.
- A comprehensive constitutional treatment approach.
- A customized, modular topical herbal protocol that is enriched with the use of essential oils and natural cleansers, creams, etc.
- Practical step-by-step instructions on how to integrate the needling protocols with the topical herbs, jade rollers, gem eye discs, etc.
- A complete Constitutional Facial Acupuncture needling protocol for 12 problematic areas. of the facial landscape, i.e., droopy eyelids, sagging neck, crow’s feet, sunken cheeks, etc.
- Contraindications, benefits, and personal advice drawn from the author’s 30+ years of experience.
- An essential text for students or practitioners of facial acupuncture, and also for those readers who are interested in the field of "healthy aging".
Log in to your account to view prices